Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Riding Outside

User is offline   bdgardner 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
when is this snow going to be gone its time to ride outside! when do we get to ride outside? when is byron going to be done? are we going to have another snow class?

User is offline   Matt256 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Motobyron.com says work is to begin April 1st and be race ready by May 1st.

User is offline   Brad 

• Professional Problem Solver!
  • Group: Administrators
The weather is starting to improve a bit. I think we're within 30 days from riding outdoors (around here anyways). In the past, I'm usually outdoors fulltime the second week of March. The first thing is to get the snow melted, then we need to keep an eye on the night time temperatures. The daytime temps don't mean crap if it's still in the low 20's at night. The Club57 compound is always the last track to dry out, so dont' expect to see anything there until late March. As far as Byron is concerned, the main facility will be closed until the construction is completed. I think they're looking at late April for that. The practice faclitiy at Byron (My area up top) will be the first place to ready to ride, and train. It has 100% sun exposure, and it's located on the highest point of the property. This will allow it to dry, and drain very quick.

User is offline   tony M 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
i cannot wait to ride outside again. i haven't really rode my new bike outside that much and i am interested in messing around with with different map settings...

brap

User is offline   Brad 

We're getting close to riding outdoors. I'm planning on heading to Byron on Saturday for a little pre-planning. The practice area has been expanded, and will now include a 15 man starting gate, an oval track, a turn track, the existing track that I installed will also be tweaked. I need to lay it out on Saturday, and then head back up there during the week to begin construction. If the weather holds up, we may be riding outdoors by next weekend. I know it sounds crazy but, the practice area at Byron is the highest point on the property. Which means the water flows off of it extremely well. Not to mention, it sits in direct sun, and wind. When you add all of these things together, it begins to look promising.

On a side note, our friend Wilson has been shredding outdoors on several occasions this Winter. He's got the inside scoop on some cool tracks in Missouri. So, not everyone has been waiting for the snow to melt before they can start riding.........

User is offline   Matt256 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Tony M-

Welcome to the club57 forum page! What new bike do you have for the upcoming season? What number do you ride, i'll make sure to keep an eye open for you. Once again, welcome to club57! See you at the track.

Matt

User is offline   Brad 

View PostMatt256, on 18 February 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

Tony M-

Welcome to the club57 forum page! What new bike do you have for the upcoming season? What number do you ride, i'll make sure to keep an eye open for you. Once again, welcome to club57! See you at the track.

Matt

Good stuff!!!!!

User is offline   wilson 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Outside riding was great !!!! Brad Columbia Mo. didnt work out the track never dried out so we ended up going to Merwin Mo. it is by Kansas City about a 6.5 hr drive each way but it was worth all the drive 3 to 4 rutts in every corner ranging from 6in. deep to 1.5ft deep .We will get so pics. posted of this awsome track. The only down fall was we had to come home Saterday night would have liked to stay for Sunday from what I hear it was even better .

User is offline   Brad 

View Postwilson, on 21 February 2011 - 06:21 AM, said:

Outside riding was great !!!! Brad Columbia Mo. didnt work out the track never dried out so we ended up going to Merwin Mo. it is by Kansas City about a 6.5 hr drive each way but it was worth all the drive 3 to 4 rutts in every corner ranging from 6in. deep to 1.5ft deep .We will get so pics. posted of this awsome track. The only down fall was we had to come home Saterday night would have liked to stay for Sunday from what I hear it was even better .

Wilson,
It got pretty cold, and crappy around here again. It looks like it's going to stay that way for a little bit longer. However, the St. Louis area is dealing with much warmer temps than we are. How are you finding out about these tracks, and their riding conditions?

Lets see some pics!!!!!!!!

User is offline   wilson 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
I allways go to mostatemx.com and see who is practicing and if more than one track is practicing I go to each tracks website check photos of the track and deciede wich track we want to go to.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users